Monday, August 13, 2007

Yikes! Many birds in the mustard tree.

I was writing articles for this web log when I began to uncover a string of heresies and heretics. I decided to start another blog to organize thumbnail sketches of what I was finding, a catalog of heresy if you will. My quest began with Levi H. Dowling and his "Aquarian Gospel". I found Dowling's heresy through Jim E. Bakers "The Source" cult. I stumbled onto "The Source" cult when browsing through videos to rent at Amazon.

One of my latest encounters along this line involves L. Frank Baum. He wrote the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz about 3 years after he joined the super-cult of Theosophy. How many children of my generation (an increasingly godless group) grew up watching The Wizard of Oz year after year on television. I also think back to my own rejection of the Catholic faith of my early childhood, and my investigations in to the occult and mystery religions. I've begun to wonder what real and specific connections between the growth of apostasy in the last century and the rise of influential heretics are going to turn up?

I just discovered that Alfred Kinsey had ties to Theosophy. I already knew, through the work of Judith Reisman, that he was a hideous sexual pervert. I had also stumbled on to Alice Bailey, and her ties to the United Nations, three years ago. It's interesting to start seeing connections between them and their fowl works.

It's also rather overwhelming to consider.